Followers

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Starting a Baby Hope Chest

As unorthodox as this maybe I have began a few months back creating a hope chest for my someday in the future sweet-pea.

Thinking I should start somewhere I went out hunting for a Toy Chest that would be gender neutral and blend in with my current decor. After weeks of searching the web for toy chest I came across "I'm Just a Toy Box" in Espresso finish from Land of Nod.

I'm Just A Toy Box $249

It's current home is in my living room next to my sofa, sitting innocently there with nobody the wiser of the contents that lie within until now.

So what do you put in a Baby Hope Chest well here are some of the items I have stash in mine.

Uncle Goose Wooden ABC Blocks with Bag $40

My favorite Things Flash Cards $6.50 (On sale at Anthropologie)
Animal Fun Flash Cards $19.95

Charley Harper Memory Game $14.99

Disney Babies Bedtime Stories $22
Out of Print

The Country Bunny And The Little Gold Shoes by Du Bose Heyward $13.50

It's a Small World by Richard and Robert Sherman $16.99

I Love You Through and Through by Bernadette Rossetti-Shustak $8.95

Tumford The Terrible by Nancy Tillman $11.55

On the Night You Were Born by Nancy Tillman $7.99
It's Time to Sleep, My Love by Nancy Tillman $7.99

Favorite Nursery Rhymes from Mother Goose by Scott Gustafson $19.95

Jamberry by Bruce Degen $7.99

Sheep in a Jeep by Nancy Shaw $6.99

Goodnight Moon by Margaret Brown $8.99

Good Night Gorilla by Peggy Rathmann $7.99

The Best Mouse Cookie by Laura Numeroff $6.99

Tomie's Little Mother Goose by Tomie dePaola $7.99

The Story of Christmas by Patricia Pingry $6.99

The Nursery Rhyme Book $9.99

The Fairy Tale Book $9.99

The Bedtime Story Book $9.99

As you can see I mainly have books in my Hope Chest, but I figured all children love bedtime stories wither it be a girl or a boy.

No comments: